God is Love.

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

And the CHALLENGE begins!!

Tomorrow, I will be starting Day 1 of the AdvoCare 24 Day Challenge!  After seeing my friends and family member's results, it is needless to say that I am VERY excited!!  I'm going to use this blog as my "Challenge Diary" over the next 24 days, and hopefully it will become a helpful guide if any of YOU want to join in and do the 24 Day Challenge sometime soon!  I'm going to put it all out there - my weight, my measurements, my before and after pictures - all of it.  Each day, I'll summarize what I ate and what I did if I made it to the gym.  One-quarter of the way through, I'll update you on pounds lost and any inches lost (Day 6). Halfway through (Day 12), I'll update you again and probably include some photos. This will be after the cleanse phase is done.  Three-quarters of the way through (Day 18), I'll do another pounds/inches update, and of course you'll get the FULL update at the end (Day 24).
I've been working out and eating a much more healthful diet since I moved back home after graduation in December, and I'm almost down to the lowest I've been since junior year of college. I've seen the Challenge work for people like Dana and Danielle, who have been eating clean and working out consistently for years, so I know that it's not one of those fads where you lose weight from an obvious, giant lifestyle change.  I really think it will work for me as well.  If nothing else, it will detoxify my body and make me feel better, as well as get me even more in the habit of eating clean and avoiding simple carbs!


Here's the thing: my wedding dress is scheduled to ship out on the last day of the Challenge, meaning I should have it a week after that.  I would love nothing more than to go try it on and have it be wayyyyy too big.  That would be awesome!


I hope you'll follow along with me! I will update on how I feel as well as how I look.  Please let me know if you have any questions about AdvoCare!


Here are my "BEFORE" stats and a picture (excuse my appearance, I had been at Six Flags sweating all day.)


Height: 5'11"
Weight: 175
Body Fat %: Around 27-28%
Chest: 40 in
Waist: 32.5 in
Hips: 41 in
Thighs: 22 in
Arms: 12.5 in
Total inches: 182.5 inches
(These measurements are what I can remember - I will update if I find my more accurate ones!)
 I just noticed that I have terrible posture!! Add that to the list of things I need to work on!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment