God is Love.

Monday, May 7, 2012

A HOMEOWNER 1/4 of the way through the 24 Day Challenge!

I'm sorry I haven't been updating each day like I said I would.  I promise, I have a good GREAT excuse....

WE BOUGHT A HOUSE!! 

We put our offer in on this house almost two months ago, and the process has been going on since then.  We were supposed to close on the 30th of April, but that did not happen.  Let me tell you what's NOT easy - securing a home loan when you are fresh out of college and your fiance doesn't have a credit score because he's been responsible and hasn't used credit his entire life!! Word to the wise that are still in college: get a credit card.  Don't go crazy with it and spend more than you can afford, but buy a couple of tanks of gas a month and pay it off.  You need credit to buy a house or a car - it's important! (Unless you have $100K lying around, in which case don't worry about the credit card)

We FINALLY got the call saying our loan had been cleared to close on Friday at about 11 in the morning.  They told us then that we were closing at the attorney's office in Cumming at 4:00 that afternoon.  I left school and flew up to Gainesville to meet Thomas, and we made it only a few minutes after 4.  We signed our life away, and left as HOMEOWNERS! While it is a scary feeling to owe someone tens of thousands of dollars, it is an amazing feeling to have a place to live that is your own.  We are so excited to not be paying rent to anyone, and to have all the space we have! 
I'll put up some pictures later, when we take some with the good camera.  I have some phone pictures, but they don't do it justice! :) 

With all the craziness that went on this weekend, I still tried pretty hard to stay on my clean eating plan for the challenge.  We went out to eat with my grandparents after the closing, and went to O'Charleys.  I chose what I thought was the healthiest option on the 2 for $20 menu.  However, I was wrong.  I could only eat about 1/4 of my grilled chicken breast and pasta because it was smothered in cheese and the pasta was soaked in butter.  After eating clean about 95% of the time for the past month or so, this did not even taste good to me.  I left all my leftovers with Thomas.  I also cheated and had a small celebratory hot fudge sundae :)  Other than that, I think I did okay.  I'm back on track now.  It's so much easier during the week because I'm in charge of all my meals.  When I'm away from home, I'm kind of at the mercy of what everyone else is doing.  Today has definitely been a good day, eating wise.  I had my Probiotic Restore this morning, and for breakfast I had two delicious hard boiled eggs.  I love them! I could eat them DO eat them every day.  My snack was some yummy strawberries and blueberries (antioxidants, anyone?) and my lunch will be some tuna with a touch of mayo and a chopped boiled egg and some baby carrots on the side.  I truthfully feel SO much better when I am eating clean and healthy.  

So far, I am down to 172.5 lbs! 2.5 pounds lost so far.  I put on a size 12 shorts on Saturday, and they were falling off all day! It was a great feeling.  Now that I'm back on track with my eating, and will have more time to exercise this week, I can't wait to report my halfway results on Day 12!!! 

Stay tuned! 

1 comment:

  1. I am SOOO proud of you! A house and shorts that are falling off! Can life get better?

    Keep up the great work! :)

    LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete