God is Love.

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

24 Day Challenge - Day ONE!

So today I began my challenge! Let's just say I didn't get started off on the right foot this morning due to oversleeping! Because of that, I didn't have ample time to drink my fiber drink.  The fiber drink is not.....hmm, how can I say this?...the epitome of deliciousness.  I also have a problem just swallowing things without tasting them, so it wasn't the best thing in the world.  I honestly could only drink half.  I then tried to drink my Green Monster smoothie for breakfast, but I didn't wait the full 30 minutes.  This made my stomach a little upset, so I'll know better tomorrow! 
I was in kindergarten today, so we ate lunch super early.  Therefore, I skipped my mid-morning snack.  For lunch, I had chicken, brown rice, black beans, and corn, and a bunch of water.  My afternoon pick-me-up was half a Spark drink and some carrots and cucumbers.  For my workout, I did the Lean Arms Pyramid (see below).  I truthfully haven't worked out in about 3 weeks, and it kicked my butt! I also did about 15 minutes on the bike.  My post-workout snack was 2 hard boiled eggs - yum! For dinner, I'm having grilled chicken and some steamed veggies, with maybe a little bit of brown rice.  I'm thinking this will be my nightly menu for the next 24 days! 


Let me know if you have any questions about AdvoCare or the 24 Day Challenge!! I would love for you to join me! Email me at cejack4420@northgeorgia.edu - mention my blog and I will give you a 15% discount! :) 


Lean Arms Pyramid:  Do these with minimal (10 seconds or less) of rest between each one! 

10 push-ups
20 tricep dips 
30 bicep curls
40 second plank
50 tummy tucks 
40 second plank
30 bicep curls
20 tricep dips
10 push- ups

Tummy Tucks - I got in elevated plank position on a bench and used my abs to alternate bringing each knee up to my chest 50 times - feel the burn for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment